Monday, August 4, 2008

Can't Drink the Water? How About a Soda?




These photos and the story below come to you from the wonderful Gorilla's Guides:

Why my children are not allowed drink pepsi, or coke, - Suheila

Here are the captions supplied:

1) A resident cleans soft drink bottles before refilling them in a house in Baghdad's Sadr City July 30, 2008.

2) A resident refills soft drink bottles in a house in Baghdad's Sadr City July 30, 2008. Picture taken July 30, 2008.

Yes cleaning them in the water contaminated with faecal matter that is all we get in Baghdad. I have forbidden my children to drink this stuff and refuse to buy it as it gives them diarrohea every time they drink it. This refusal has not made me popular with them but they and I like diarrohea even less. I will be very glad when they are old enough to work out cause and effect for themselves :-)

Suheila

No comments: